Henna for your hair! Here’s how you can naturally darken your hair colour and make it long lasting
GB NEWS 24 DESK//
Henna is one of the oldest and best natural hair dyes. There are a few things you can do to darken the colour of Henna to avoid the orangish/reddish tinge and also make it long lasting. Know what you must do.
If you wish to colour your hair without using hair colouring agents containing chemicals, then you must go for mehendi or henna. This is a herb which has been in use as a natural dye since ancient times. It is by far the best way to cover your greys, colour your hair and even condition your tresses. There are a few things you can do to darken the colour of henna to avoid the orangish/reddish tinge and also make it long lasting. Know what you must do.
- If you have very long hair, then take about 200 grams of henna in a bowl. For shorter hair, 100-125 grams will be enough. Add water and make a thick paste of henna. Then add about three teaspoons of Indigo paste (powder mixed with warm water) to it. Mix it well. Then you may even add 1 teaspoon of amla powder diluted in water to this mixture to get a darker shade. The ratio of other ingredients for short hair will change accordingly. This mixture will be good enough even if you do not add amla paste to it. Please note: amla and Indigo must not be mixed together directly.
- If you do not have Indigo powder, you may add 4 teaspoons of amla powder diluted in warm to henna paste.
- If you do neither have Indigo or amla powder, soak henna overnight in an iron utensil. Next morning, add one lemon juice or a cup of curd to this mixture.
- If you wish to prepare an instant henna paste for your hair, then soak henna in Tea water for about 30 minutes and then add about 4-5 teaspoons of undiluted filter coffee decoction to it. (It would be better if you soak it overnight, but then if you are in a hurry, you may try this method).
- Apply this mixture evenly from the scalp to the tip of your hair.
- Let it rest for about a couple of hours at least.
- Then thoroughly rinse your hair with water without using shampoo.
- Let your hair dry completely. Do not apply conditioner or hair serum.
- Once your hair dries completely, apply sesame or mustard oil and massage your scalp.
- Next morning, wash your hair with shampoo.
- By following this procedure, you will be able to get a darker and longlasting hair colour.