Iran Soleimani killing: US denies Iraq pullout amid letter confusion

56

GBNEWS24DESK//

US Defence Secretary Mark Esper has denied US troops are pulling out of Iraq, after a letter from a US general there suggested a withdrawal.

The letter said the US would be “repositioning forces in the coming days and weeks” after Iraqi MPs had called for them to leave.

Mr Esper said there had been “no decision whatsoever to leave”.

The confusion came amid threats to American forces after the US killed top Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani.

He died in a US drone strike in Baghdad on Friday on the orders of Mr Trump

Comments are closed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More