Coronavirus: ‘Serious mistakes’ made, says Starmer

  GBNEWS24 DESK//

Failure to provide enough protective equipment for frontline workers and delays over testing have been “serious mistakes” in tackling coronavirus, the new Labour leader has said.

Sir Keir Starmer said in an article in the Sunday Times, that ministers took too long to explain why they were “so far behind” on testing.

He also called for a “national vaccine programme” against the virus.

And he said ministers should publish an “exit strategy” to end the lockdown.

The 57-year-old decisively won the contest to succeed Jeremy Corbyn on Saturday, defeating Lisa Nandy and Rebecca Long-Bailey in a ballot of party members and other supporters.

Writing in the paper, Sir Keir said: “The Labour Party I lead will do our bit to offer solutions.

“But we will also speak for those who have been ignored; and where we see mistakes we are under a duty to expose them to ensure that they are rectified as soon as possible.”

Comments are closed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More