BPL names seven franchise owners for next three editions
After detailed evaluation and assessment of the Expression of Interest documents submitted by prospective owners, the Bangladesh Premier League T20 Governing Council has invited seven parties to complete the process of securing Franchise Ownership Rights for the next three (9th, 10th & 11th) editions of the tournament, said a press release from the Bangladesh Cricket Board.
The eighth and last edition of the BPL was held with six franchises in January-February this year. Comilla Victorians won the title, for a third time, beating Fortune Barishal in the final. The ninth edition will be held in January-February next year with seven franchises. In fact these seven franchises will play in the next three editions, the window for which has been reserved by the ICC.
The companies/parties and their respective franchises are:
Sl. Organisation/Party/Company Franchise
1. Fortune Barishal Sports Ltd. Barishal
2. Mindtree Limited Khulna
3. Progoti Green Auto Rice Mills Ltd. Dhaka
4. Future Sports Bangladesh Limited Sylhet
5. Toggi Sports Limited (Bashundhara Group) Rangpur
6. Delta Sports Ltd. Chattogram
7. Comilla Legends Limited Cumilla